Using the theory of unpleasant symptoms as a guide, what would you look for in an assessment tool for patient symptoms?
I have added the topic of the class, the weekly objectives and the student learning outcomes, please, choose 1 outcome and develop the question.
The discussion must address the topic, at least 400 words in your initial post. Minimum of 2 scholarly references in APA format within the last 5 years published. No plagiarism please.
- Historical Background
- The Theory of Unpleasant Symptoms
- Description of the Theory of Unpleasant Symptoms
- Models That Expand or Modify the Theory of Unpleasant Symptoms
- Assessment of Symptoms
- Instruments Used in Empirical Testing
By the end of this lesson, the learner will:
- Analyze the historical background of unpleasant symptoms
- Evaluate the use the theory of unpleasant symptoms in nursing research
- Evaluate the use of the unpleasant symptoms theory in nursing practice
Student Learning Outcomes (Outcomes 1, 2, 4)
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Critically analyze the philosophical underpinnings of nursing theories.
- Critique nursing’s conceptual models, grand theories, and mid-range theories.
- Construct a nursing theory that represent current professional nursing practice