To help lay the foundation for your study of postmodern models of MFT, your professor will guide the discussion to focus in on items from this list:
- Social Constructionism: What are some of the constructs related to social constructionism? What are the similarities and differences between systems theory and social constructionism?
- Postmodern Philosophy: What are the primary postmodern assumptions? What are some of the differences between modernist and postmodernist therapists?
- Recovery Model: What are the primary components of this model?
- Consult with your professor to learn how they identified a personal model of MFT.
- Additionally, find one concept you do not understand and discuss this concept with your professor to gain an understanding of it.