FREE Health Related Community Organization Final Power Point
Students are required to complete a Health related community Organization Power Point for the final project. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Final should contain the following:
1. Clearly identify 6 FREE LOCAL Health related organizations within New York State that help our communities. (Located in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Long Island, Bronx, Westchester or Staten Island) (3pts)
2. Describe how these organizations have impacted our community (2pts)
5. Describe how and why each organization relates to different chapters in the Connect
Core Concepts in Health (Brief) 17th edition eBook Meaning at (least 2 chapters per agency)
6. Describe each targeted population for each organization (specific tell us the target group) (2pts)
7. Include all contact information for each health organization, this means the address location, phone number, email and website. (4pts)
8. This should be no less than 20 slides. Remember like a presentation you are explaining the organization to me as if I have never heard of it. (font Times new Roman no smaller then 26 font) (2pts)
9. Upload the Microsoft Power Point to the folder assigned at the end of the semester and email will be sent out letting you know when to upload during finals week. Double check you can view it, if I can not open it is a zero, no make-ups the only reason I would not be able to open it is because it was not done on Microsoft power point. NO GOOGLE DOCS NO PDF’S
Examples of Local NY health related organizations: Planned Parenthood, Pride for Youth, Live On NY, Maurer Foundation for Breast Health Education, EPIC Long Island, CityMeals on Wheels, A Free Bird,
Expert Solution Preview
For the final project, students are required to create a PowerPoint presentation on health-related community organizations in New York State. The purpose of this assignment is to familiarize students with the local organizations that play an integral role in the well-being of our communities. The presentation should highlight the impact of these organizations, their main purpose, the target population they serve, and their relevance to different chapters in the Connect Core Concepts in Health textbook. This assignment aims to showcase students’ research and presentation skills while providing a comprehensive overview of these important organizations.
1. The six FREE LOCAL Health related organizations within New York State that help our communities are:
– Planned Parenthood
– Pride for Youth
– Live On NY
– Maurer Foundation for Breast Health Education
– EPIC Long Island
– CityMeals on Wheels
2. These organizations have had a significant impact on our community in various ways. Planned Parenthood offers reproductive health services and education, promoting access to quality healthcare for all individuals. Pride for Youth focuses on supporting LGBTQ+ youth through counseling, education, and advocacy, creating a safe and inclusive environment. Live On NY works towards increasing organ donation awareness and providing resources for transplantation. The Maurer Foundation for Breast Health Education spreads awareness about breast health and the importance of early detection. EPIC Long Island offers services and support for individuals with disabilities, promoting independence and inclusion. CityMeals on Wheels delivers nutritious meals to the elderly, ensuring their well-being and reducing isolation.
3. Each organization has a distinct main purpose:
– Planned Parenthood: Providing comprehensive reproductive healthcare and education.
– Pride for Youth: Supporting LGBTQ+ youth through counseling, education, and advocacy.
– Live On NY: Increasing organ donation awareness and providing resources for transplantation.
– Maurer Foundation for Breast Health Education: Educating communities about breast health and the importance of early detection.
– EPIC Long Island: Offering services and support for individuals with disabilities, promoting independence and inclusion.
– CityMeals on Wheels: Delivering nutritious meals to the elderly, reducing food insecurity and isolation.
4. In creating the PowerPoint presentation, students are encouraged to use images and be creative in their design. Visual elements can enhance the presentation by making it more engaging and memorable.
5. Each organization should be linked to different chapters in the Connect Core Concepts in Health (Brief) 17th edition eBook. For this requirement, students should select at least two relevant chapters per agency and explain how the organization’s work aligns with the concepts covered in those chapters.
6. Each organization has a specific target population:
– Planned Parenthood: Individuals seeking reproductive health services and education.
– Pride for Youth: LGBTQ+ youth in need of support and resources.
– Live On NY: Individuals in need of organ transplantation or interested in organ donation.
– Maurer Foundation for Breast Health Education: Individuals seeking breast health education and support.
– EPIC Long Island: Individuals with disabilities and their families.
– CityMeals on Wheels: Elderly individuals who are homebound and at risk of food insecurity.
7. Contact information, including the address location, phone number, email, and website, should be provided for each health organization. This allows individuals who are interested or in need of their services to easily reach out and learn more.
8. The PowerPoint presentation should consist of a minimum of 20 slides. Students should aim to explain each organization to the professor, assuming they have no prior knowledge of it. The font size should be no smaller than 26 font and Times New Roman should be used.
9. The final PowerPoint should be uploaded to the designated folder assigned at the end of the semester. Students will receive an email notifying them of the specific upload window during finals week. It is essential to ensure that the file can be opened, as any inability to access the presentation will result in a zero grade. Only Microsoft PowerPoint format is accepted, with no alternative formats such as Google Docs or PDFs.