During the COVID-19 stay-at-home requirements, many people worked from home. To carry on business, companies utilized various web-based meeting tools (such as Zoom). Some of these tools lacked robust security. A company, being proactive, sought to assure security against those attempting to take over such sessions.
In Christianity, God brings to mind those things we need to ensure protection against, including issues related to computer security. We again look to the word of God for Scripture that tells us that safety can be found in the Lord. Psalm 140:4 says, “Keep me safe, Lord, from the hands of the wicked; protect me from the violent, who devise ways to trip my feet” (NIV). We find in the Bible the admonition to seek the Lord in our activities as protection from those that would trick us.
- Review the material in the Getting Started section, including the specific Bible passage.
- Be sure to address to the following prompts in your paper:
- How do you see this verse applying to the attackers’ attempts at social engineering?
- How would you apply the principles of these verses in your workplace?
- Your paper should be at least 250 words in length.
- Submit your assignment by the end of the workshop.